Israel has visa exemption agreements with many countries – for visits of up to 90 days. Before going to the mission, check first whether you need to obtain a visa to visit Israel  (click here to download the list of countries with which Israel has visa exemption agreements). It is important to emphasize that the exemption applies only to visas for visits and to passports (not to laissez passer).

Please note that the granting of a visa by the State of Israel to a person bearing a foreign passport (national or official), does not necessarily imply recognition of the authority or entity that issued such passport.

Note that documents must always be sent to Israeli missions via registered mail. Payment by bank draft is acceptable; payment by personal check is not.

B/2 Visitor’s visa

A B/2 visa is granted to someone who wishes to stay in Israel for only a short time (for a visit, tourism, a business meeting or study in a Hebrew ulpan). A person who enters Israel on a B/2 visa is not allowed to work in the State of Israel.

A B/2 visa is valid for up to three months from the date of issue. The duration of the stay in Israel will be determined by the Border Police. A visitor who wishes to extend his visit may submit an application at one of the regional population administration offices of the Ministry of the Interior.

The handling process at the mission:

− Presentation of a travel document (passport) that is valid for at least six months beyond the period of the stay in Israel

− A completed and signed application for a visa to enter Israel (click here to download the Application for a Visa to Enter Israel)

− A photocopy of the applicant’s travel document

− Proof of applicant’s adequate financial status for the visit to Israel

− Proof of Reservation of Return trip airline ticket to and from Israel

− Two passport pictures

− Payment of the fee (click here to open the table of fees)

Please note:

1. The consul may request additional documents.

2. The handling fee for application will not be refunded to the applicant if the visa is not issued for any reason.